The WR Croman PTSO is organized for the purpose of supporting the education of our children by fostering relationships among the school, parents, and teachers. We meet the second Monday of every month. Come join us when you can! It's OK if you're running late or have to leave early! Kids are welcome!
MINUTES FROM THE 5/14/2018 MEETING
- Sarah Haflett announced that the spring elections for the office of president and vice president were complete and that Arrell Putnam will continue in her role as president. Justine Wolf was elected vice president. Justine accepted the position of vice president.
- Total checkbook balance as of May 14 was $1,502.47.
- Justine Wolf volunteered to cut fruits and vegetables for the grant program that offers unique vegetables and fruits for students to try each week.
- The group discussed the possibility of bringing back the photo booth on family movie nights but making it a selfie station instead of something that has to be staffed and managed.
- Steve Brion confirmed that we could move forward with nominations and ultimately elections for the PTSO office of treasurer, following the resignation of Mrs. Lehman. Sarah Haflett expressed interest in leaving her position as PTSO secretary for the treasurer position.
- The group discussed whether fundraisers in addition to Croman Cruisers may be necessary during the 2018-2019 school year. Members present agreed that the PTSO would table the discussion until we receive the results of the Croman Cruisers fundraiser in October.
- The group discussed the possibility of joint corporate sponsor fundraising with the TIS PTSO. No decision was made to pursue this.
- There was feedback that this year’s Croman Cruisers t-shirts were of poor quality. The group agreed to look into other suppliers, including Travis Snyder for the 2018 race.
- A decision was made to approach corporate sponsors for Croman Cruisers earlier than in past years. Early August was proposed as the ideal time to send letters to sponsors.
- The group agreed to look into online sponsor payments for Croman Cruisers, and that both online and mail payment options should be made available.
- Steve Brion reported that the buddy benches purchased during the 2016-2017 school year will be installed this summer.
- Sarah Haflett presented the budget-to-actual results through May 14. She suggested creating corresponding expense budgets for the PTSO’s revenue generating events (e.g., Croman Cruisers, Snowball Junction, etc.). The 2018-2019 PTSO budget will be developed over the summer and presented for approval during the first meeting of the school year (September 10, 2018). The budget-to-actual report will be presented at each meeting starting next year so members have more visibility into where money is going and can make better decisions about where to direct discretionary (non-budgeted) funds.
- The group discussed decreasing the budget for Teacher Appreciation Week since so many parents volunteered this year.
- Steve Brion agreed to email the teachers about their interest in continuing the Scholastic Weekly Reader after the group discussed the value of them vs. shifting these funds ($2,200 per year) to additional assemblies for the students.
Attendees: Steve Brion, Jennifer Cummings, Sarah Haflett, Stevens Lambert, Arrell Putnam, Rachael Wilbur, Cody Wolf, Justine Wolf
To access the minutes from previous meetings, click here.