- Meet with your counselors and start planning your career interests.
- Work with Career planner and develop a portfolio at Education Planner.
- Check to make sure you are enrolled in the appropriate academic program.
- Academics are important to your success so work towards your full potential.
- Get good grades starting now!
- GPA and class rank start to be calculated at the start of your ninth grade year and will be part of your permanent record.
- Extracurricular activities based in and out of school is also an important part of career preparation.
- Parents know you best, listen to their advice and of other adults that know you well.
- College is expensive, start exploring ways of paying for or funding your college costs.
- Use the internet and books available in the guidance office to gain information about colleges and vocational schools:
- Tour colleges and vocational schools if possible.
- Look into participating in summer and in school exploratory programs.
- Attendance is important, if your not in school it will affect your grades and acceptance into college or vocational schools.
Last Modified on May 23, 2018