TROY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Students will need a minimum of 28 academic credits to graduate. Every student completing the following required courses will receive a diploma.
- 4 credits of English
- 4 credits of Social Studies
- 4 credits of Science+
- 4 credits of Math++
- 2 credits of Physical Education and Health(½ credit each year)
- .25 credit of Driver Education
- .25 credit of Human Development and .25 credit of Career Exploration OR .5 credit of Lifetime Learning
- 9.25 credits of Arts and Humanities/Elective Courses
TOTAL CREDITS IN REQUIRED SUBJECTS: 18.75
TOTAL CREDITS IN ARTS AND HUMANITIES: 9.25
TOTAL CREDITS TO GRADUATE: 28.00
EACH STUDENT MUST SCHEDULE 8 CREDITS PER YEAR.
+Students must have 1 credit of Physical Science.
++Students must have at least 1 credit in Algebra and 1 credit in Geometry.
For placement in Honors level courses, it is strongly recommended that a student have earned an 87% or higher in the prior core subject (i.e. 87% in English 9 or Honors English 9 to be placed in Honors English 10)Students must earn 7 credits their freshman year to be considered a sophomore.Students must earn 14 credits by the end of their sophomore year to be considered a junior.Students must earn 20 credits by the end of their junior year to be considered a senior.Students must earn 28 credits by the end of their senior year in order to graduate.