Dear Parents and Guardians,
Troy Intermediate School welcomes you to the 2022-2023 school year! We look forward to seeing our returning students as well as meeting the many new students joining us this year.
An orientation for all students is scheduled for Thursday, August 18th, 2022 from 5:30-7:00. A parent/guardian must accompany students during the tour. This is a great opportunity to seek answers to your questions and ease the natural anxiety that can exist as your child transitions into the next grade level.
We are using the same arrival and dismissal procedures as last year. These procedures were created with the help of the Troy Borough Police Department to create a safe environment for arrival and dismissal. The procedures are as follows:
1. Students who are driven to school in the morning will be dropped off in the auditorium parking lot. ONLY buses will drive up to the Intermediate School. Student drop off will be between 7:50a.m.-8:10a.m. There will be adults at the stairway of the auditorium parking lot to greet your child and escort them to the Intermediate School.
2. Students who arrive to school after 8:10a.m. may be dropped off at the office entrance of TIS. Tardy time to school does accrue toward truancy time.
3. Students who are walkers or car riders daily, should bring a note on the first day of school stating that their child is a walker, or their child is a car rider.
4. Car riders will be dismissed at 2:40p.m. Car riders will be escorted to the auditorium parking lot for pick up. Only buses will be allowed up the hill to TIS at dismissal time. Walkers are dismissed at 2:55p.m.
5. Parents picking up their child from TIS will not be permitted to sit idle on High Street, as this is a driving violation and will be addressed by the Troy Borough Police.
6. Parents who are at TIS after 2:20p.m. must wait until all buses are dismissed before traveling down King Street.
7. We ask that parents not pick up their children prior to 2:40pm unless there is a medical excuse as this takes away from instructional time.
8. Transportation changes after 2:00p.m. are very difficult to manage. Therefore, please establish how your child will leave school by noon of that day.
9. 1st & 2nd wave of buses will dismiss at 2:55p.m. Car riders and walkers dismiss at 2:40p.m.
Your cooperation in the arrival and dismissal procedures is very much appreciated! It is imperative that we all work together to help our students grow in a safe educational environment.
We look forward to seeing you on the 18th!