Arrival / Dismissal Procedures
View the TIS Student Handbook
In order to create a safe environment at arrival and dismissal time, we have worked with the Troy Boro Police Department and have created the following procedure:
- Students who are driven to school in the morning will be dropped off in the auditorium parking lot. ONLY busses will drive up to the Intermediate School. This change was made due to hazardous situations created by having busses and private vehicles dropping off at the same time. Student drop off will be between 7:50-8:10. There will be adults at the stairway of the auditorium parking lot to greet your child and escort them to the Intermediate School.
- Students who arrive to school after 8:15 may be dropped off at the office entrance of TIS. Tardy time to school does accrue toward truancy time.
- Students who are walkers or car riders on a daily basis should bring a note on the first day of school stating that their child is a walker or their child is a car rider.
- Car riders and walkers will be dismissed at 2:40. Car riders will be escorted to the auditorium parking lot for pick up. Only busses will be allowed up the hill to TIS at dismissal time.
- Parents picking up their TIS child will not be permitted to sit idle on High Street, as this is a driving violation and will be addressed by the Troy Boro Police.
- Parents who are at TIS after 2:20 must wait until all busses are dismissed before traveling down King Street.
- We ask that parents not pick up their children prior to 2:40pm unless there is a medical excuse as this takes away from instructional time.
- Transportation changes after 2:00 are very difficult to manage. Please establish how your child will leave school by noon of that day.
- There will be TWO bus groups this year for dismissal. The first bus group will dismiss at approximately 2:40 and the second group at 2:55. There will be no private vehicles allowed up to TIS until both groups of busses have dismissed.
- Please exercise patience as we adjust to our new procedure for arrival and dismissal from school. New routines need 2-3 weeks to become efficient and to correct any issues.
Your cooperation in the arrival and dismissal changes is very much appreciated. The changes were made to ensure the safety of our students. It is imperative that we all work together to help our students grow in a safe educational environment