TO: Troy Area School District School Community
FROM: Dr. Amy Martell, Superintendent
DATE: March 16, 2020
Community FAQ 3/16/2020 (March 16 – March 27 )
1. Where should I submit my questions for the district?
Submit your questions here.
These questions will be reviewed on a daily basis during the break. Daily communication will be generated to respond to the questions, unless there are no questions.
2. Will district facilities be open during the two week closure (March 16 - March 27)?
- No, the district and all facilities are closed including gym, fields, courts, and track (etc.).
- Essential employees may be working from school but the school is not open to the public.
3. Will teachers be able to send instructional materials home for students to work on (electronically or packets)?
The district is closed from March 16 through March 27. There will not be instruction during this time.
4. What is going to happen with testing? (AP, PSSA, Keystone, ACT)
There has been no guidance regarding testing.
5. Will the Department of Education require the Troy Area School District to make up the days missed between March 16 – 27, 2020?
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has not explicitly said that these days will or will not be made up. The school calendar and graduation may need to be changed; we are waiting for more guidance to officially answer this question.
6. What will happen to the regularly scheduled school board meeting at 7:00 PM on March 17, 2020 and the Budget Finance Committee Meeting at 6:00 PM on March 17, 2020?
At this time, the March 17 meetings will be held as scheduled in the Administrative Offices - Community Room at 68 Fenner Ave.
7. Where can I find more information?
- What is the latest update from Emergency Management in Bradford County?
- What is the latest update from Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)?
- What is the latest update from the Pennsylvania Department of Health?
- What is the latest update from Governor Wolf?
- What is the latest update from Center for Disease and Prevention (CDC)?
- What is the update from the World Health Organization (WHO)?
- What are local medical facilities recommending?