The Troy Area School District promotes an encompassing education that provides opportunity and success so that our students are prepared and productive.
The Troy Area School District is dedicated to student engagement to empower independent learning.
- Accountability and Collaboration
- We believe all are accountable for student learning
- We believe teachers should have a shared responsibility for data analysis of multiple assessments in order to improve teaching and learning.
- We believe teachers should be open to sharing workloads, ideas about their common subject areas, their lesson plans, units, materials, successes and areas of concern.
- We believe collaboration and focus on learning should be at the heart of our school program.
- Professional Development/Staff Development
- We believe teachers can become experts in specific areas and have the capacity to train colleagues in their area of expertise.
- We believe support staff should be included in trainings that directly relate to student success.
- We believe staff development should include time for the curriculum and skill expectation to be articulated among different grade levels throughout the district.
- We believe administration should continue to seek ways to have our students and staff better supported with appropriate staffing.
- We believe support staff should be assigned based on student need.
- We believe parents/guardians should be expected to support their child's learning through activities done at home.
- We believe it is our responsibility to develop parent groups by providing parent workshops and activities based on specific topics.
- We believe parents should be sought out as extra hands in the classroom by developing volunteer banks.
- We believe students and staff should celebrate effort and success frequently