2021/2022 TROY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
The school bus is an extension of the classroom and all Troy Area School District rules and regulations are in effect.
Parents can and will be held responsible for any damage done by their children.
- No unauthorized person may enter a bus without approval; unauthorized persons may be punished according to the law of the state of Pennsylvania.
- Student transportation is a privilege not a right in the state of Pennsylvania.
- General rules and regulations for governing and assessing student behavior on the bus are as follows:
- Students shall behave while on the bus. Riding the bus is a privilege that can be denied temporarily or permanently if the student's behavior warrants it.
- Students shall obey the bus driver at all times while under his/her supervision.
- Student shall board the bus in a calm and quiet manner and proceed to an assigned or empty seat.
- Students shall disembark in an orderly manner. Student shall not run in the bus or push other passengers while boarding or disembarking.
- Any student living on the opposite side of the street shall cross in front of the bus while traffic is stopped. Students should wait for driver acknowledgement to cross street.
- Students shall refrain from placing any part of the body or personal belongings outside the window or in the aisles.
- Students shall cooperate with the driver in providing any and all information necessary to enforce the rules for safety.
- Students shall refrain from talking with the bus driver except when spoken to or when an emergency arises.
- Student shall act with courtesy and respect toward private and public property and shall expect to be held accountable for committing an act of vandalism.
- Bus drivers will be instructed not to wait any longer than 10 seconds for a student who is not in sight. Students are expected to be at bus stop waiting for bus at least 5 minutes before the designated pick up time.
- While on the bus or at bus stop students shall obey all rules and regulations normally associated with proper classroom behavior and safety. This includes refraining from tobacco and other uncontrolled substances, vandalism of any kind, discourteous acts or fighting, excessive noise, throwing of materials, use of profanity, use of disrespectful behavior, and possession of weapons.
- Students shall remain seated at all times while the bus is in motion and shall not move from seat to seat.
- No animals, weapons, dangerous or objectionable items may be brought onto the bus.
- Students are expected to keep their seat and bus area clean.
Return to School Bus/Van COVID Requirements-Revised 8/16/2021
- It is required that all students wear a mask on the bus.
- All students must sit in assigned seats.
- The bus will unload by building.
- The school buses and vans will be cleaned routinely.